Can't Get You Out of My Head




I spied a pair of these, at what has become a favorite place of mine, Julie's Upscale Retail in Door County. 

My finds from Julie's are worth their very own blog post.  Hubby just picked up a small car load this weekend. Stay tuned for more on that! 

I'm picturing them, in our future Door County home of course, used like this:


Or this...



Image via Canadian House and Home


Or here...


Or...sniffle...here...


And quite frankly, it is killing me. I want, I want, I want! 

But at this point, it's all hypothetical, that one day, in the near future, I will have the (high ceiling, fairly large proportioned) room that could pull these off with smashing success...madness I tell you!  I just hate to think of losing out, on what most certainly could indeed be a once in a lifetime opportunity. A bit dramatic, I know. 

But I get like that with the old, the unique, the antique, the real deal. 

The inspiration behind the Pottery Barn...




Sigh. Nothing compares to the original does it? 

I suppose, I could always just put them at the end of my long, winding drive, with the stone gate. 

Which is also pretend, at this point. 

I am alone in this affliction? 

P.S.
Now don't go buying them out from under me without a "are you sure you're aren't going to snatch them up first?" warning.  I have Julie's on speed dial. :)


No comments: